The Palan Fellowship is a unique programme that we implement in partnership with Minda Global Berhad and their institutions, including University of Cyberjaya, Asia Metropolitan University, and Asia Metropolitan Colleges. The fellowship offers to students (undergraduates) at these institutions who are in good academic standing, and with a demonstrated financial need:
- Scholarships to set-off their tuition and fees
- A salaried part-time work obligation within their institution.
Fellowship recipients take up assistantships within their campus and participate in the operation of the college.
Besides helping fellowship recipients financially, the programme also provides career-related skills and experience
Applying for the FellowshipScope
To provide scholarships to Malaysian students who are pursuing undergraduate studies at Minda Global Berhad, and who have a demonstrated financial need.Fellowship Eligibility
- Malaysian Citizen.
- Full-time student of University of Cyberjaya, Asia Metropolitan University, or Asia Metropolitan Colleges.
- Have completed at least two semesters of studies in their current program.
- In good academic standing (minimum CGPA of 2.7).
- Recipient of Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) study loan.
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, students must report, while applying, any scholarships or fellowships received from other sources.Academic Programmes
All undergraduate programmes (diploma and degree) are eligible.Parental Income
Parents’ monthly gross income must not exceed RM10,000.00 per month.Fellowship Coverage
The financial award will paid to offset the tuition and fees of the fellowship recipient.Assistantship
- All fellowship recipients will be required to take up assistantship within their institution.
- The assistantship will require up to 12 hours of total commitment per week.
- The salaries paid for assistantships will vary according to position and commitment required, as determined by their institution.
- For medical students, the maximum support would be RM50,000.
- For pharmacy students, the maximum support would be RM25,000.
- For students pursuing all other courses, the maximum support would be RM10,000.
- The actual award shall vary according to the student’s financial need and the course tuition and fees.
- The financial award will be disbursed by semesters/terms, provided the fellowship recipient maintains a good academic record.
- The above award does not include any salary earned for the assistantship position.
To apply for the Fellowship, please reach out.Note
The Board of Directors of the Palan Foundation reserves the right to amend the above terms and conditions from time-to-time. The Board of Directors, too, has the right to consider applications that do not strictly meet the above terms and conditions in exceptional cases.